|From August 1913 Machinery.|
Lutter & Gies Co. was established in 1889 by Herman Lutter and Ernest A. Gies. In 1913 they were making a wet grinder. O. L. Packard Machinery Co. was a distributor. In 1926 the business was acquired by Milwaukee Press & Machine Co., who seem to discontinued Lutter & Gies' business and used the space for its own business.
- The 1921-1922 Polk's Wisconsin State Gazetteer and Business Directory lists Lutter & Gies Co. at 129 to 135 Ferry Street and 258 to 260 Lake Street.
- From a 1926 issue of The Iron Trade Review.
ANNOUNCEMENT is made of the sale of the Lutter & Gies Co., Milwaukee, one of the oldest machine shops in the northwest, to the Milwaukee Press & Machine Co., of which Anson Eldred is president. The Milwaukee company has been in need of more room for some time past and being unable to expand in its present location at 339 First avenue, took advantage of an opportunity to acquire the Lutter-Gies plant and business, at 258-262 Lake street, where it will continue its business in a 2-story building, 60 x 120 feet, with additional room for future expansion. Herman Lutter and Ernest A. Gies founded the Lutter & Gies CO. in 1889 and later Michael P. Davern became associated in the business.