Welcome! 

Register :: Login
Manufacturers Index - Cincinnati Grinders, Inc.
History
Last Modified: Sep 16 2017 9:29PM by joelr4
If you have information to add to this entry, please contact the Site Historian.

      Cincinnati Grinders, Inc., has been organized here and incorporated at Columbus under Ohio laws with a capital stock of $1,500,000 to take over the grinding machine business of the Cincinnati Milling Machine Co. and the centerless grinder business of the Heim Grinder Co. of Danbury, Conn. The new company has acquired the Triumph Electric plant at Oakley, near Cincinnati, and will convert it into a modern plant for the manufacture of grinding machines. This new plant is expected to commence operations with a force of several hundred men early in 1927.

      In explanation of the combination it is stated that the grinding machine business of both predecessor companies had outgrown their plant facilities and made the provisions of new and better-equipped plants imperative. It was thought that a combination of the resources and organizations would make it possible to render greater service to customers at reduced cost.

      P. 0. Geier is president of the new corporation; George W. Binns, secretary, and F. M. Angevin, formerly of the Heim Grinder Co., treasurer. R. C. W. Harrison, formerly grinding machine engineer of Churchill Machine Tool Co., Manchester, England, is a director of the company, as is C. Booth, formerly works manager of Heim Grinder Co. and previously engineer of Heald Machine Co.

      In September 1921, Cincinnati Milacron Inc. bought controlling interest in the Cincinnati Grinder Co. and the following year moved production of the grinding machine to Oakley, OH. In addition, the they obtained the rights to key patents on centerless grinding, and formed a subsidiary, Cincinnati Grinders, Inc.

Information Sources

  • Automotive Industries, V55, 16 Sept 1926, pg. 472