Welcome! 

Register :: Login
Manufacturers Index - Kerry's (Engineering) Co. Ltd.

Kerry's (Engineering) Co. Ltd.
London, England, U.K.
Manufacturer Class: Metal Working Machinery

History
Last Modified: Mar 7 2019 9:09AM by Jeff_Joslin
If you have information to add to this entry, please contact the Site Historian.

Kerry's was a distributor of of a variety of products, including woodworking and metalworking machinery. In 1943 the name changed to Kerry's (Great Britain). By 1953 their Kerry's (Engineering) subsidiary was manufacturing metal lathes and drill presses. In 1966 the company reorganized: Kerry Group was the newly created umbrella corporation, with Kerry's (Great Britain) as distributor and Kerry's (Engineering and Electronics) as manufacturer. In 1968 the umbrella company was acquired by Quinton Hazell (Holdings), and in 1969 the machine tools portion of the business was sold to Rogers and Jackson, part of the Owen Engineering Group.

Information Sources

  • Grace's Guide pages for Kerry's (Engineering) and Kerry's (Great Britain).
  • 1957 "Tools for the Workshop", Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology Vol. 29 Issue 11, pp.362-362. "Kerry's (Engineering Co.) Ltd., of Grange Road, Leyton, London, E.10, are producing a pneumatic bench press of ½ to 1½ tons capacity. It is based on a design produced by Morphy Richards Ltd. for use in their own works, where 120 similar machines have been in constant use for a number of years."
  • 1960 Mechanical World and Engineering Record: "...3 Morse taper centres. The Norton feedbox gives 55 pitches from 4 to 448 t.p.i. The seven power feeds range from 0.0004 to 0.028 in. per revolution of main spindle both for surfacing and sliding motions. The engagement of the surfacing and sliding motion is by a single lever gate change which is interlocked with the screwcutting lever. A built-in screwcutting dial is standard equipment. The saddle carries a broad tee slotted cross slide, and a compound slide adjustable through the full circle. The tailstock is of the through bore type with offset handwheel feeding the barrel, via a hardened worm.—Kerry's (Engineering) Limited, Warton Road, London E15."
  • A Basildon History page lists, in 1963, "Kerry's (Engineering) Co. Ltd. Chester Hall Lane. Vehicle servicing equipment and toolmakers."