Welcome! 

Register :: Login
Manufacturers Index - Master Electric Co.
History
Last Modified: Jan 19 2012 7:29PM by joelr4
If you have information to add to this entry, please contact the Site Historian.

      The Master Electric Company was founded in 1920 and headquartered in Dayton, Ohio by Everett Larsh. The company built electric motors, electric gear-motors, motor controls and motor brakes. They supplied private industry as well as the U.S. government. In 1958 the company merged with Reliance Electric Company Reliance Electric Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Master's headquarters and plant in Dayton were closed in 1961 and moved to Columbus, Indiana. Reliance bought out Master in 1963 and at that point the company ceased to exist. In 1967, Reliance purchased the Dodge Manufacturing Company of Indiana, a manufacturer of power transmission systems. The Columbus plant remained open, but a new plant was opened in Madison, Indiana and renamed Master Gearing. In 1982, Reliance moved its headquarters to Greenville, South Carolina. The company was purchased by Rockwell International in December 1994, later becoming Rockwell Automation. Baldor Electric Company then acquired Rockwell Automation in 2007.

They made some motors for Delta (combo units, e.g.), possibly including some rebadged as Delta. Also supplied to Sears, Roebuck.

Information Sources

  • Scott Adamietz via E-mail